Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund ongoing (NSW)
Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund
The Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund will foster the benefits of sport in communities. This fund will invest in new and existing venues to improve the participation and performance in sports at all levels.
The NSW Government is determined to ensure regions remain vibrant communities. The Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund will ensure that NSW has a network of spaces and places that enable quality sport and active recreation participation and performance at all levels.
The fund objectives are to:
- increase the number and type of regional level sporting facilities
- improve the standard of existing regional level sporting facilities
- increase participation opportunities in sport
- provide infrastructure that enables economic growth and boost productivity.
This fund targets investments over $1 million.
The following groups can apply:
- local government authorities in all 92 regional local government areas, Lord Howe Island and the Unincorporated Far West
- state sporting organisations
- incorporated, community based, not-for-profit sporting organisations (clubs or district associations)
- educational organisations (such as schools, TAFEs and universities) in conjunction with local councils and local or state sporting entities
- private enterprises.
Project nominations involving partnerships of the above groups are encouraged.
For more information (source) see >>> Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund