The Copyright Agency AUTHOR FELLOWSHIPS closing 25 September 2017
The Copyright Agency will award $80,000 to a mid to late career author for a 12 month period to develop and create work.
To be eligible, the applicant must be a mid to late career author with at least five substantial published books. Of these five published books, two can be self-published.
- The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Open to novelists, playwrights, poets, scriptwriters, non-fiction writers, children’s and young adult book writers, and journalists.
- Authors must submit their own applications. Publishers are not able to apply on behalf of authors.
- The applicant must have a publishing contract or a letter of intention to publish from the publisher. This prize/fellowship is not to supplant any advance offered under their publishing contract.
- The successful applicant will agree to acknowledge the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund support in any publication arising from the fellowship.
- Proof of a publishing contract or letter of intent from publisher
- A synopsis of the proposed work
- A sample of writing (5 pages)
- A demonstration of the applicant’s publishing record/list of published works/ a professional writing CV.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 25 September, 2017
Author Fellowships Announcement: November 2017
Acquittal Report / Research Paper Due: 1 January 2019
For more information (source) see >>> The Copyright Agency AUTHOR FELLOWSHIPS