The Protecting Our Places Program closing 4 September 2017 (NSW)
The aim of the Protecting Our Places Program is to empower and provide opportunities for Aboriginal organisations to undertake projects that contribute to both ongoing sustainable management of significant Aboriginal cultural landscapes in NSW, and to healthier environments and communities. Through these projects, we aim to develop the project management capabilities of Aboriginal groups and encourage new collaborations and positive relationships with other organisations, government and stakeholders.
The objectives of the Protecting Our Places Program are:
- To facilitate the sharing and protection of Cultural knowledge with and between Aboriginal groups, government and public stakeholders, to contribute to the improvement and the management of environmental and cultural resources on country.
- To increase the amount of culturally significant Aboriginal Land protected, restored, enhanced and managed by local Aboriginal groups, land managers and stakeholders and support connection to country.
- The Protecting our Places program is an appropriate, effective and sustainable mechanism to deliver Government policy, priorities and outcomes.
Grants of up to $65,000 are available over two stages:
- Stage 1: Planning – up to $10,000 (plus $5,000 for capacity building)
- Stage 2: Implementation – up to $50,000
For more information (source) see >>> Protecting Our Places