Get Going Clubs closing 11 August 2017 (QLD) and link to free training
How to apply
The new Sport and Recreation Grant Registration Portal is here. You must register in the new portal if you have an existing project or wish to apply for funding. Read about how to register.
Round 6 is now open for applications.
About Get Going Clubs
Get Going Clubs provides funding to support not-for-profit local sport and recreation organisations to create and provide access to participation opportunities for Queenslanders.
Eligible not-for-profit sport and active recreation organisations can apply for funding of up to $7,500 (GST exclusive).
Organisations approved for Get Going Clubs Round 5 funding (PDF) in 2016 (project delivery period of 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2017) are NOT eligible for Round 6, with the exception of:
- multisport and regional organisations, providing the project is for a different sport/recreation activity, purpose, location or affiliated club to the project approved in the previous round.
- Organisations with projects in a disaster declared Local Government Areas for Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie and associated rainfall and flooding. Declared areas are listed on the Fact Sheet (PDF, 219KB).
Applications are to be submitted online.
- Round 6 is now open for applications
- Applications close 11 August 2017
- Announcement of successful projects in October 2017
- Successful projects commence from 1 November 2017
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland local or regional level not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit local community organisations (with a primary objective of sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- a sport or recreation club incorporated within a Queensland university.
All applications must be submitted no later than 5pm, 11 August 2017.
For more information (source) see >>> Get Going Clubs
For free training via Sports Community see >>> Applying for and winning “Get Going Clubs” grants