The Smith Family – Care2Achieve Scholarship opens 1 July 2017 and closes 1 September 2017 (QLD)
Applications are opening soon for the Care2Achieve Scholarship!
Every one of our young women in care deserve a chance at their educational success.
The Care2Achieve-Scholarship for Young Women Leaving Care, program goes a long way to make that possible for women aged 17 to 21 years, as they transition from care.
Applications are opening soon for this program giving 50 young women the funding (up to $3500) to attain their academic qualifications.
To be eligible the young women must:
- Be a young woman aged 17-21 years
- Finishing year 12 and transitioning from Queensland State Care; or
- Already transitioned from Queensland State Care and plan to study; or
- A young woman, currently studying in Queensland and transitioning/transitioned from Queensland State Care (aged 17-21).
The successful applicants must also:
- Be planning to study or have already enrolled in a Certificate 3 or greater at University or TAFE institution within Qld.
- Inform The Smith Family if they are likely to receive additional, significant financial scholarships.
Imagine the reduction in distraction to their studies when the young woman obtains the following:
- Financial assistance to cover educational expenses such as course materials, including text books and computers, field trips and course fees; student living expenses.
- Access to relevant information, advice and personal support provided by The Smith Family’s Tertiary Co-Ordinator.
- Access to other programs to assist full participation in the student’s chosen course of study.
- Mentoring and coaching to help scholarship-holders establish career connections and networks.
Applications open July 13th, 2017.
Closing September 1st, 2017 to start in 2018.
Additionally, please “save the dates” for the Smith Family’s 1-hour Q & A sessions. They will provide an opportunity to talk about theCare2Achieve application criteria and answer any questions you may have. This will take place in a conference call setting.
19th of July 10am – 11am
2nd of August 10am – 11am
16th of August 10am – 11am
30th of August 10am – 11am