Education Horizon research grant scheme
The Department of Education and Training’s $1 million Education Horizon research grant scheme supports the delivery of high quality research aligned to the Queensland Government’s education and training priorities.
There are five research grant categories in the 2017 round, as follows:
- Early childhood education and care – Children engaged in quality early years programs and making positive transitions
- School education – Students engaged in learning, achieving and successfully transitioning to further education, training and work
- Vocational education and training – Queenslanders skilled to participate successfully in the economy and broader community
- Cross-portfolio – Research projects that span two or more of the above categories
- Open (only open to previous Education Horizon grant recipients to build on their previous research, partnerships and investments) – Suitable for innovative and collaborative programs of research that have demonstrated significant benefit.
The pool of $1 million per annum will be distributed across the research grant categories. Projects in categories 1-4 will be awarded funding of up to $100,000 and will be no longer than 12 months duration. Successful projects in the open category may be awarded funding of up to $100,000 per year for up to 2 years.
For more information (source) see >>> Education Horizon research grant scheme