The Australia Council for the Arts – Arts Projects program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences. Grants are available from $10,000 to $50,000. Supported activities must last no longer than three years from the proposed start date.
Please read through the following grant guidelines. If you need help with your application, contact a Grants Officer now.
The Australia Council offers three grant rounds each year for this category. In 2017, the grant rounds will close on:
- Tuesday 6 June for projects starting after 1 September 2017
Technical support will not be available after 7pm on the closing day.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
Please note, if your application to a grant round is successful, you will not be eligible to apply to the next grant round (excluding Playing Australia and the Contemporary Music Touring Program).
Who can apply
If you are applying as an individual or group, you must be a practicing artist or arts worker and an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals or groups.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you were successful in the previous round
- you have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications).
For more information (source) see >>> Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups
Image: Ron Sartini