The Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program provides new small businesses access to professional advice and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
Matched funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage a consultant, advisor, or business coach to help establish or develop the business. The advice must fall under 1 or more of the following areas:
- professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial (accounting) advice
- business and strategic planning
- market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
To be eligible the business must:
- have a business name registered within the last 4 years
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
For more information (source) see >>> Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program