Spirit of Service is the new Queensland Anzac Centenary small grants program. Applications for grants up to $20,000 are open multiple times throughout the year.
The round one Spirit of Service grant recipients were announced on 20 December 2016. The 16 successful applicants will share over $170,000 in funding for commemorative projects including a theatre production, community research and a memorial. Learn more about their projects (PDF, 661KB).
Round 2 is now open, and applications will close 5pm, Friday 3 February 2017.
The online application process allows you to work and save your draft application across a period of time and submit when you’re ready.
Only online applications will be accepted. View an example of the online application form (PDF, 628KB).
Grants acknowledging the First World War or significant Queensland military milestones in the past 100 years are available for, but not limited to:
- historical research and educational projects
- preservation and conservation, interpretation and/or display of First World War history, stories, memorabilia and artefacts
- the acquisition of First World War memorabilia
- the restoration or enhancement of existing memorials and honour boards
- public commemorative events.
For more information (source) see >>> Spirit of Service is the new Queensland Anzac Centenary small grants program
Image: Jeff Cooper