The Premier’s Fund for Social Cohesion is a small grants program that supports community-led events and activities that bring together people from diverse cultural backgrounds to discuss and celebrate diversity. It aims to build on the strengths of our multicultural society, develop stronger social cohesion and community resilience, particularly among young people (aged 12-25), and to inspire young people to stand up against the divisive forces of fear, hate and violence.
The Fund’s strategic priorities are to:
- Encourage people to reflect on and celebrate the role of diversity in society
- Promote intercultural and interfaith understanding, particularly among young people
- Build positive cross-cultural networks
- Empower people to speak about the value of diversity in society and to counter hateful and divisive messages
Who Can Apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply for grants under the Premier’s Fund for Social Cohesion:
- Schools* and school-affiliated Parents and Friends associations
- Incorporated, community based non-government organisations
* Government organisations (including government schools) are ineligible to apply.
How Do I Apply?
You’ll need to complete an application form, including a budget for the proposed event or activity and outline how it meets the intent of the grant program and at least one of its strategic priorities.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The first round will close on 23 December 2016.
Grants of up to $20,000 are available.
For more information (source) >>> NSW PREMIER’S FUND FOR SOCIAL COHESION
Image: Jazmin Quaynor