Supporting scholars in gaining a research PhD degree to lay the foundation for a future research career.
- Up to $45,000 (GST exempt) over 3 years for each scholarship.
- Optional $2500 thesis submission payment if thesis is submitted with 3.5 years of commencement.
- Applications close 1pm (AEST) 12 December 2016.
- Approved fellowships must begin in 2017.
- Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for funding, the scholar must be nominated by a Queensland-based agency, including universities, research agencies, government organisations, not-for-profit/charitable organisations and businesses.
The proposed PhD Scholar must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the scholarship
- be commencing a full-time PhD research program at a Queensland university in 2017
- have applied for a primary PhD scholarship that is:
- a 2017 Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), or
- other PhD funding that equals or exceeds the value of a 2017 APA.
- have a research proposal that:
- spend at least 50% of the scholarship physically co-located with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation.
For more information (source) >>> PhD Scholarships 2017