The Sport and Recreation Planning Program (the program) provides funding to Queensland based state level sport and active recreation organisations, local governments and other relevant peak organisations to develop quality, evidence-based sport and recreation infrastructure documents.
Departmental funding contributions are up to a maximum of $100,000 depending on the organisation type and geographic location of the project. Organisations may also be required to contribute towards the total project cost.
- Proposals open – 10 November 2016
- Proposals close – 30 January 2017
- Announcement of successful projects – March 2017
- Successful projects commence – 1April 2017
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible* to apply are:
- state level organisations or state level sport or recreation peak organisations incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- local governments constituted under the Local Government Act 2009 (Qld), The City of Brisbane Act 2010 (Qld) and the Commonwealth Aluminium Corporation Pty Ltd Agreement Act 1957 (Qld)
*Other organisations may be deemed eligible by the department. Organisations must contact the department to seek advice on eligibility and departmental approval.
Organisations must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- compliant with all requirements for any projects currently funded by the department
- compliant with all requirements of the Office of Fair Trading prior to the closing date for the program.
For more information (source) >>> Sport and Recreation Planning Program