The Aged Persons Welfare Foundation (APWF) closing 30 June each year
The APWF understands that elderly people need understanding, tolerance and kindness. It is important that they have entertainment, social interaction and all the social comforts that they deserve. The APWF helps organisations to remove the uncertainty and fears of the aged and elderly.
The Foundation wants to support organisations that help people who:
- are over 60 years of age, and
- are disadvantaged and unable to provide themselves with food or clothing, or
- are lonely or unhappy because of their location, their environment or because of physical or mental disadvantage, or
- need resources to make their lives more meaningful and interesting, or
- need companionship, or
- need stimulation or encouragement to use the gifts which God has given them, to satisfy their aspirations, to use their talents and to make them feel that life is worth living, or
- need advice, or
- need transport
With the aim of assisting elderly people in the above circumstances, the APWF would like to receive grant applications from organisations that:
- provide care in the form of entertainment or stimulation, or some other activity, which they are unable themselves to fund
- assist persons living in their own or rented homes who need help to repair or maintain or alter their homes
- assist persons who need holidays
- support carers, who give most of their time caring for others
- support volunteers or others who provide help and support to elderly people
- purchase equipment, including wheelchairs, beds and computers to provide for the needs of their aged residents.
The APWF provides grants to organisations that assist numerous elderly people rather than providing grants for the benefit of individuals.
Applications for grants required next financial year must be received by the Secretary of the Foundation prior to 30th June this financial year.
For more information (source) >>> APWF