New Australian Government Grants Hubs
The Community and Business Grants Hubs have been established as part of the Streamlining Grants Administration (SGA) Program, a whole of government initiative under the Digital Transformation Agenda, led by the Department of Finance. The SGA initiative will deliver a simpler, more consistent approach to the administration of grants across the Australian Government, replacing multiple existing systems and processes. Its focus is to reduce red tape and create a better user experience for grant applicants and recipients.
The SGA initiative deliverables are to establish:
- a single, whole of government grants administration process
- two grants administration Hubs for government, serviced by two ICT systems:
- the Community Grants Hub (Department of Social Services) for individuals, the community and/or health sectors
- the Business Grants Hub (Department of Industry, Innovation and Science) for the business sector
- a data warehouse for Australian Government grants
- pre-qualification to enable a ‘tell us once’ principle.
Both are listed in the ongoing section of the Australia Grants page.
Image: Olu Eletu