Eden Futures is a partnership between the NSW Department of Family & Community Services (FACS) and the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal (FRRR) as part of the Social Innovation Fund program, which seeks to develop innovative and community led responses to identified issues in three regional NSW communities: Eden, Wagga Wagga and Kempsey.
The aim of the Eden Futures Program is to increase community capacity and cohesion in and around the community of Eden, and ultimately to address pressing and persistent social issues in the community. The grants will have a focus on funding projects designed with youth at the heart of the decision making processes.
Research indicates that engagement with education, training and employment improves life opportunities and quality of life. Eden Futures is therefore focused on supporting initiatives that create local sustainable responses and innovations in service delivery in the areas of education, training and employment. A core principle of the partnership is that by involving community members throughout the project creation stage and encouraging collaboration for project delivery, the projects will see more dynamic and sustainable outcomes achieved in both the short and long terms.
Grants will be considered for projects which are focused on at least one of the following outcome areas for the Eden community:
- Building and facilitating parents’, youth and children’s aspirations;
- Engaging young people in educational activities and increasing school attendance;
- Supporting transitions between education, employment and training, and enhancing engagement for young people;
- Facilitating the development of skills for young people which will lead to greater local employment opportunities;
- Increasing and strengthening community partnerships and collaborative responses to locally identified issues; or
- Enhancing existing community assets that will drive greater economic growth.
The Eden Futures Program is now open and the closing date has been extended to 14 November, 2016.
Please review the Program Guidelines before applying. Application forms can be obtained from the Program Manager.
There is $270,000 available for projects of up to $50,000 which provide more effective or new responses to priority outcome areas in and around the community of Eden. These projects should have strong elements of sustainability with the aim of starting to see potential longer term changes for the Eden community.
Larger grants may be considered for large scale projects. It is recommended that prospective applicants contact FRRR Program Manager, Jacki Dimond, on 1800 170 020 to discuss their project idea.
For more information >>The Eden Futures Program