Advancing Regional Innovation Program
Encourages innovation across Queensland and supports local economies to create jobs for regional Queenslanders.
- Twelve Queensland regions will receive a funding pool of $500,000 each
- Applications must be collaborative and involve a lead applicant with at least 5 partners
- Applications will consist of a collaborative action plan that outlines a tailored program of activities that responds to the local needs and stage of development of its community
- Activities include mentoring, capability development, and innovation spaces, to connect entrepreneurs with each other and with industry, and to coordinate local efforts
- The plan has to show that services are being provided not only in one main location in the region, but at least two other locations across the region
- Pre-registration is open until 5pm Friday 18 November 2016
- Only applicants who have pre-registered are eligible to progress to a full application as the lead applicant—see eligibility criteria.
|5pm, Friday 18 November 2016||Pre-registration closes||All potential lead applicants must pre-register in order be eligible to apply as a lead applicant. If you are a partner, your lead applicant will include your name in their pre-registration.|
|Monday 21 November 2016||Applications open||Accepted lead applicants will be notified following the pre-registration period and will be able to lodge a staged or full application from 21 November 2016.|
|5pm, Tuesday 28 February 2017||Staged applications closes||Accepted lead applicants seeking assistance to develop a collaborative action plan must apply for seed funding.|
|5pm, Friday 28 April 2017||Full applications closes||Accepted lead applicants must lodge a compliant full application.|
Advancing Regional Innovation Program ($6 million):
- Twelve regional innovation regions (PDF, 1.97MB) will be established, each with up to $500,000 over three years available.
- 20% of funding in each region must be directed to outreach activities across the region to foster innovation across a broader geographic and demographic audience.
- The provision of funding will be on a matched 1:1 basis (cash and in-kind).
Regional Network Fund ($1.5 million):
- $1.5 million over three years to be used across the network of funded Advancing Regional Innovation Programs.
- The Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation, in consultation with regional stakeholders, will determine a range of tools that can be used across the state and support connectivity between regions including inbound and outbound activities.
For more information >> Advancing Regional Innovation Program