The Tackling Tough Times Together grant program helps communities access the resources they need to support one another through the ongoing effects of the drought impacting Queensland and northern NSW.
Grants of up to $15,000 are available across most of Queensland and selected shires in the New South Wales Northern Tablelands (see table below). A small number of grants valued at up to $50,000 are also available for larger-scale and multi-year projects that have a broader impact. FRRR are currently inviting expressions of interest in these grants – please contact the Programs Manager to discuss your project idea.
Funding will support community-based activities that both help to relieve current stressors and symptoms, but most importantly, build capacity and resilience for the future. Funds could also support activities that engage people in being active, exploring options and creating something that will stand the test of tough times.
This program was founded by the Tim Fairfax Family Foundation (to support Queensland communities) and the Yulgilbar Foundation (to support New South Wales). Other donor partners include Qantas, Aussie Farmers Foundation and individual supporters. They welcome contributions from other donors to this program. To discuss your involvement, please call 03 5430 2399.
- Reduce social isolation by facilitating strong social cohesion and connection; and
- Build community capacity to cope now and in future droughts.
- Communities must be in a drought affected area (see below for full list).
- Groups that are planning a project for broad community benefit – ‘charitable purpose’.
- Priority will be given to organisations run by and based in the regions over those delivering services to, but not based in the listed regions.
- Projects led by local communities will also be given preference.
- Groups with outstanding final reports are not eligible to apply unless a time extension has been granted. We encourage groups to complete their final reports so that they can then apply.
- Groups must be located in one of the following Local Government Areas – note this list will be updated from time to time, as conditions change:
|Banana (part declared)||Diamantina||Paroo|
|Bulloo||Isaac (part declared)||Tablelands|
|Central Highlands||Mareeba||Whitsunday (part declared)|
|Cook (part declared)||Mount Isa||Woorabinda|
NEW SOUTH WALES
|Armidale Dumaresq Council||Inverell Shire Council||Uralla Shire Council|
|Glen Innes Severn Council||Tenterfield Shire Council||Walcha Council|
|Guyra Shire Council||Brewarrina||Walgett|
For more information click here >> Tackling Tough Times Together (TTTT) – Round 7 (Source for this blog)